Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cheetah Breaks Speed Record—Beats Usain Bolt by Seconds Published August 2, 2012



Sarah is a cheetah that lives in the zoo of Cincinnati. This year she broke Usain Bolt’s record of 100-meter by 1 second. This was the fastest timing recorded for any living thing covering a 100 meters distance. This record was recorded the 20 of June during the cheetahs’ summer games in which Sarah and 5 more cheetahs were competing. A reporter said that the cats run for fun because they know they will get fed after. Sarah’s speed record  was of 5.95 seconds, and Bolt’s record was of 9.58 seconds.

This article interested me because I saw the olympic games and I saw that Usain Bolt won 3 out of 3 gold medals , so I thought that it was very hard that someone, or something, could actually break his world record.

This connects to my life because I like Usain Bolt and it was very interesting how always a new record will emerge.

The area of interaction is Environment because  they needed to raise a wild animal and train them as they will be in the forest and still they keep their speed.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/08/120802-cheetah-sarah-cincinnati-zoo-fastest-record-science-usain-bolt-olympics/

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article. You answered all the questions but I want you to strive to put more depth in your responses and more detail as well. Good effort.

    ReplyDelete